Hmm, nice step: the Zend Framework will be included in the repositories for Ubuntu Hardy Heron, scheduled for release in April. Not that the average developer wouldn’t be able to obtain a copy of ZF otherwise, but it’s nice that it will be included.
Let’s hope updates to the Zend Framework will be ported rapidly into Ubuntu, so Ubuntu/ZF users wille be able to truly depend on the packaging system.
It’s those little things: in PHP 5.3, the constant
__DIR__ will be available. Of course, this is the same as the output from
dirname(__FILE__), but it makes life just that little bit easier.
Well, no, I’m not a snob, but I’m getting close, according to this list:
Mac owners are more likely:
1. to be perfectionists
2. to use notebooks
3. to use teeth whitening products
4. to drive station wagons
5. to pay for downloaded music
6. to go to Starbucks
7. care about “green” products and the environment
8. to own a hybrid car
9. and last but not least … to buy 5 pairs of sneakers in a year
I’m a Mac owner. In fact, I recently replaced my MacBook Pro with.. well, a MacBook Pro. You know, “it was time” for a new one. So I should have a look at the list:
1. Perfectionist: a bit. Sometimes. When time allows, I want what I do to be done well. And that borders on perfect. So yeah, check this box.
3. Apart from tooth paste: no.
4. I don’t have a car. Hell, I don’t even have a driver’s license.
5. Yup. Sometimes I grab an album from Usenet, but most of the time I get my music through iTunes.
6. Whenever I’m near a Starbucks, which is at least a few days a year (there’s no Starbucks in my city), I’ll get me a Caramel Macchiato. Yummie!
7. Green-ish. Maybe a bit. I have some CFL bulbs in my lamps, and I turn down the heating when I open the window, and I separate used paper from the regular waste, but apart from that.. nah, not more than others.
8. I don’t have a car, so no.
9. I don’t own five pairs of sneakers, but I do wear Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars. Exclusively. And in the last year I bought three pairs. And yeah, within a few months I will probably have bought another pair. So let’s check this box.
So, that’s about five out of nine. Does that make me a snob? I’ll leave others to be the judge of that.